Hignetts ?
Last Post 01 Mar 2021 01:53 PM by philofumo. 35 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
30 Jan 2021 11:51 AM  
nice to see the older tins with contents survive I have a collection of old tobacciana items but concentrate now on collecting gold and colourful tipped which were obviously aimed at ladies and gentleman from high society and sold in all major cities around the world the shorter cigarettes for ladies were generally smoked using the long cigarette holders
Guru Tat
Guru Tat
Bacco

--
31 Jan 2021 11:42 AM  

Hi auburn,

Welcome to the forum. Would be nice to see some of your collection. Can you post pictures???

bacco

Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
01 Feb 2021 12:02 PM  
hi bacco

Thanks for welcome, I hope to post some pictures once I get help I am not computer orientated only know how to send pictures from my phone through email if you wish to contact

auburn
Guru Tat
Guru Tat
Bacco

--
01 Feb 2021 01:22 PM  

Hi Auburn,

If you send to my email addres, I will try and post for you. t.bacco@btinternet.com

bacco

Tat Addict
Tat Addict
rustytins

--
02 Feb 2021 12:51 PM  
Hi Auburn, if you are struggling with pics & can only send them by phone. send them to 07974 391164 & I'll put them on the forum for you Nigel
Guru Tat
Guru Tat
Bacco

--
02 Feb 2021 07:05 PM  

These photo's sent to me from Auburns collection. They have lost a bit of colour sharpness.

bacco

Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
03 Feb 2021 03:46 PM  
Thanks for your help much appreciated the fabians eram khayyam and foyer I do not know exact dates presuming between 1920s - 1940s and clubman silk tipped are marcus tobacco company from australia are 1940s classed as cocktail cigarettes
Mad Keen Collector
Mad Keen Collector
philofumo

--
03 Feb 2021 05:08 PM  

Many thanks for the pictures, I am always fascinated to see  antiquarian tobacco live and in the flesh...

...I was struck with how fat those Fabians look, reminds me of the Camel Wides I used to smoke.

Are they round or oval?

Appears to be a sample tin as it contains one of each different tip, is it?

Delightful adcopy...

...not mine but found online since I went looking due to being totally unfamiliar with the brand as I'm more geared toward pipe tobacco moreso than the ciggies.

Thanks for sharing!

Guru Tat
Guru Tat
Bacco

--
04 Feb 2021 04:21 PM  

Hi auburn,

Can't find much on the Fabian Cigarette Co, except a couple of adverts in magazines. The records show that they were manufacturing during the 1920s period geared to a specific market. I would imagine that the cigarettes would be priced way beyond the means of  your "Player's or Woodbine man. This was the Art Deco period which is a style of visual arts & design which first appeared in France prior to WW1.

bacco

(Can someone turn the pictures please )

Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
04 Feb 2021 08:19 PM  
hi phil

they are round and quite thick I dare not touch them as very fragile they are the assorted tipped tin should of been 6 in the tin but 2 missing
Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
04 Feb 2021 08:19 PM  
hi phil

they are round and quite thick I dare not touch them as very fragile they are the assorted tipped tin should of been 6 in the tin but 2 missing
Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
04 Feb 2021 08:34 PM  
hi bacco

I presumed around that period the target was at the wealthy ( ladies especially ) you would not see them lighting these up walking down the street they were no doubt for retiring after dinner to the drawing room while showing there guests what they brought back from there grand tour or something like that

auburn
Guru Tat
Guru Tat
Bacco

--
05 Feb 2021 03:43 PM  

Hi auburn,

Your "Tuberette" photo's came through email. These were produced by Benson & Hedges and quite unusual with the tube already fitted in the cigarette. Not something I have come across before and can't find any reference to them and wonder if they were made for the American market. Has anyone come across these before????

bacco

Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
06 Feb 2021 02:09 PM  
hi bacco
my apologies they do have an american stamp on back,with it being benson & hedges as they are/were british automatically thought produced here stupid me
paul
Tatter
Tatter
auburn

--
06 Feb 2021 02:09 PM  
hi bacco
my apologies they do have an american stamp on back,with it being benson & hedges as they are/were british automatically thought produced here stupid me
paul
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
NOT LICENSED FOR PRODUCTION USE
www.activemodules.com